Ordinary people with extraordinary vision can redeem the soul of America by getting in what I call good trouble, necessary trouble. --
Congressman John R. Lewis (1940 – 2020)
If we join together and make our voices heard, we can fight for the change we want to see!
Voting serves all of us. Thank you for your commitment.
Environmental & Economic Justice
Climate Action Now & New Green Economy
Ending Systemic Racism
[Please check back for more details]
I am Norman Sigler and I am running for the Port of Seattle Commission, position #1 and am grateful to the 19,000 King County voters that supported my 2015 campaign for Port. I am the owner of CLEAR-Consulting.Biz, an executive search firm focusing on diversity. CLEAR has worked with the leadership teams of several Seattle area social profits including Seattle Art Museum, Seattle Opera, Tacoma Arts Live, Girls Scouts of Western Washington and Mary's Place. In addition to the organizational leadership experience, I also bring experience in the aviation industry having moved to Seattle in 2003 to be the Manager of Finance and Contracts at Alaska Airlines and having worked at Northwest Airlines (now Delta) and Continental Airlines (now United) after receiving my MBA in Finance and Accounting from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor. I will be the only Commissioner with airline experience.
My focus as a Commissioner will be:
Environmental & Economic Justice – I will work with communities around the Port to ensure there is no harm done by Port actions and actually that the Port contributes to an enhanced quality of life for its neighbors. I support putting the proposed new parking garage on the site of the current employee parking lot. This will save trees and wildlife habitat currently on the site for the proposed parking structure. I also intend to direct a portion of Port profits as investment into economic and quality of life improvements of neighboring Port communities. I want every King County property owner to be treated like owners of the Port and share in Port prosperity.
Climate Action Now & A New Green Economy – We need to have our Port at carbon neutral by 2030 and not 2050. We have some of the smartest people on the planet living as colleagues, friends, and neighbors who can come together to innovate our way to CLEAN ENERGY solutions to Climate Change and in the process create a new green economy.
Ending Systemic Racism – We as a society had a reckoning when witnessing George Floyd’s murder at the knee of law enforcement. This is the time to end systemic racism within our institution. I will help the Port with this process.
And lastly, Honesty: I intend to be a model for other politicians as I will not lie to you about what is going on at the Port. I am disgusted by elected officials who knowingly lie to us for political gain or out of political cowardice.
I humbly ask again for your vote and support for our race for Port of Seattle Commission, position #1.
· Owner and Founder of CLEAR-Consulting.Biz, a Seattle-based executive search firm specializing in delivering diverse candidate slates 2007 - Present
· Elected to the executive board of the King County Democrats Central Committee 2021 - Present
· Elected to the executive board of the 34th Legislative District 2021 - Present
· Elected as a Washington State Legislative District Precinct Committee Officer: 34-1443. 2016 - Present
· Steering Committee, former Co-Chair, Seattle Metropolitan Elections Committee rates LGBTQ awareness of candidates running for office, 2017 - 2020
· Board Member (Governance Committee), Sound Discipline partners with educators, parents and caregivers to create respectful, equitable communities in which all children thrive. 2016 - 2020 (Co-Vice Chair 2017 – 2019, Development Chair 2017 - 2020)
· Mentor in Groundbreakers Program for 6th, 7th, and 8th grade Black and African American young men in the Bellevue Schools District, 2010 – 2013
· Adult Mentor in Bellevue Family Y’s Youth In Government Youth & Family Leadership Program, 2010 – 2019
· Policy Committee for the Greater Seattle Business Association, 2011 - 2013
· Founded Annual MBA Summer Cruise for interns and 3,330 area alumni of business school local alumni clubs. The 9 cruises averaged 180 persons per cruise. 2003 – 2014
· CoFounded Annual Ethnic Media Political Candidate Meet N Greet and Initiatives Debate with SeaBeez (an alliance of Ethnic media in Washington State). Initiatives Debate focusing on A State Income Tax, Charter Schools, Legalization of Marijuana, and Marriage Equality. 2010 - 2012
· National Black MBA Association, Seattle Chapter organizing Committee 2008 - 2012
· Seattle Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce’s 2011Family & Education Levy Task Force
· Organizing Member of PUGET SOUND CONNECTIONS©, a multicultural network for new-to-the-area professionals. This network was designed to enhance employment experiences of diverse professional newcomers by making them feel welcomed, connecting them with established business and civic leaders, and helping them become involved in the community. The four city wide events were attended by over 1,000 people representing diversity from most companies in the Seattle area
· Project LEAD (Leadership, Effectiveness And Diversity) graduate, a United Way of King County Board Development Program, Spring 2005
· Board Member, Seattle Repertory Theatre Crew (under 40 subscriber group), 2004 – 2008
Support us on social media with the hashtags
Please request more information by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Your donation is an opportunity to be part of something bigger. Thank you for supporting our campaign. Please give today!
Sign up to receive updates from the candidate on the trail!
Copyright © 2021 Norman Sigler for Port of Seattle Commission #1 - All Rights Reserved.